- B2B Marketplaces
- Regulation - open in B2B wholesale segment
- Mainly Directories of Products - few services
- Mainly for image, product catalog, "Contact Us"
- Easy to Search - Across many product categories!
- KEY COMPARE: Monthly active users, Gross Market Value transactions
- Like ALL-THE-TIME Trade Fairs
- Communications, Getting more details
- Counterfeiting a Key Issue
- FREE Pricing of basic listing - critical to get
- BASIC Pricing of Services a key issue
- Photographing and product services
- PREMIUM Positioning Pricing
- PREMIUM - stand out of the crowd services
- Digital Marketing
- SEO - get found
- Vendor Authentication Services
- Completing the Transaction
- Ongoing B2B, Building a distributor and supply chain
- Major B2B Platforms
- Other India Sites
It connects usually Chinese or Indian and Foreign importers and exporters, suppliers, and manufacturers.
● Increased healthy online business competition with more offers and demands from businesses ● The communications are more secure and faster than before thanks to computer systems involvement ● The exponential growth of brands on the rise because of easy access to resources ● The hassles are at their minimum because negotiation processes are faster online ● Depersonalization of transactions is at its highest eliminating favoritism ● The integration of data is direct on computer systems of businesses ● It is easier to build networks from all over the world
Regulation - open in B2B wholesale segment
- Deregulation allowed unlimited Indian FDI in B2B Amazon is restricted by many of the B2C restrictions to protect the small shopkeeper and Kiran merchants in India. However there is no limits in the B2B space - so both Amazon and Walmart attacking the wholesale busness.
Mainly Directories of Products - few services
Mainly for image, product catalog, "Contact Us"
Easy to Search - Across many product categories!
If you are a buyer, you can search for sellers across the globe on this website.
KEY COMPARE: Monthly active users, Gross Market Value transactions
It is vital for B2B marketplaces to have signed up millions of people from across major and small industries.
Like ALL-THE-TIME Trade Fairs
Physical trade fairs are gatherings of reputable suppliers, manufacturers and distributors from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China participate.
- Allow a focus on International Trade Fairs
- One of the biggest physical Trade Fairs are in Hong Kong.
Communications, Getting more details
Counterfeiting a Key Issue
FREE Pricing of basic listing - critical to get
BASIC Pricing of Services a key issue
The margins on manufacturing can be low, so it is vital to have reasonable pricing plans that helps sellers meet enough serious B2B buyers.
Photographing and product services
PREMIUM Positioning Pricing
- With pay-for-position, you can get your products to get ranked in the top 10 list for each keyword. With fewer choices, a customer is prone to visit your profile and fetch you an email or call to do business with you.
PREMIUM - stand out of the crowd services
The B2B marketplaces need to offer premium services to all those companies who are looking for more exposure.
- The B2Bs providing digital marketing service to its premium members. In this plan, they help B2B companies become a recognized brand in no time. From SEO marketing to web development, they’ll make your brand competitive.
SEO - get found
By registering on a international B2B marketplace, you’ll get your business’s name featured on the top of the list.
Vendor Authentication Services
The best thing about a reputable B2B platform is that all its members are authentic and are registered companies.
Completing the Transaction
Minimum Required Orders vital for "Factory"
Even better, sites should have multiple ways one can pay for the products online.
Guarantees, Return Policies
Final Transactions - Alibaba
Buyers and sellers from all over the world interact and transact seamlessly and effectively on it.
Letters of Credit, Trust factors, Escrow Accounts
Ongoing B2B, Building a distributor and supply chain
Help get distributors, Franchisees
Some B2B marketplaces also offer business people to appoint franchisees, distributors, sales agents, and more.
China - Factory floor of World - but Language and "Being Found" Barriers
China is big and the factory floor of World. However, many small and medium B2B suppliers lacked the investment required to market on a larger scale.
Major B2B Platforms
MKT STR: It has its own product search and price comparison search engine to compete with Google/Amazon
Alibaba.com is currently the biggest and best B2B marketplace in the world. Formed in 1999, no one expected this organization to be anywhere near the news. However, it also beat two market giants, eBay and Amazon. In addition to that, it’s known to serve more than 35 million users. This organization is also listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The underlying cause of this B2B platform was to provide an opportunity for Chinese suppliers to connect with buyers from all over the globe.
Alibaba has its own online payment service
SEG: Cloud data service
Amazon Business - No 2 Business Sellers?
While Amazon is the leading B2C platform, Amazon Business offers a business seller program that targets businesses or those customers purchasing products for work.
Amazon Business lists thousands of products across niches like office products, bed & bath, food & beverages, cleaning & housekeeping, stationery & office products, and health & personal care.
With the help of this B2B platform, small, medium and large companies can buy from and sell to each other. Even though there may be many other B2B marketplaces following the same model, wholesalers and suppliers can divert their focus to Amazon business to connect with some of the top companies in Asia.
Amazon is restricted by many of the B2C restrictions to protect the small shopkeeper and Kiran merchants in India. However there is no limits in the B2B space - so both Amazon and Walmart attacking the wholesale busness. Amazon Business has been operating since 2015 for the Indian market. Its target audience is small entrepreneurs, drugstores, small offices, department stores, Kirana stores, restaurants, hospitals, clinics, and hotels among many other small establishments.
A newer B2B platform set up by experts in B2B and digital marketing. Its focus is to encourage local Chinese suppliers to enter the international market.
- Run by Focus Technology it was founded in the year 1996.
GlobalSources.com - Directory of Buyers and Sellers like Alibaba
- Listed on NASDAQ, founded in 2000, in Singapore.
PREMIUM Listing BM$ - Thousands of Chinese suppliers pay a lot of money just to get featured on this B2B platform.
Similar to Alibaba, this B2B portal is also a directory of all buyers and sellers, mostly Chinese.
- Focus on International Trade Fairs and affiliated with Trade Fairs of Hong Kong. It’s basically where all reputable suppliers, manufacturers and distributors from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China participate. The best thing about this platform is that all its members are authentic and are registered companies.
- Connects buyers and sellers from over 240 countries
- Founded in 2006, and since then has known to do wonders by helping businesses enter the international market.
- Multiple languages including, English, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian.
- first one to get both the ISO 27001 Information Security System and ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification.
- Has over 30 million products
- Focussed on promoting Chinese suppliers
- Have more than 5 million customers from over 227 nations
EC21 - Korean B2B
- Focus on Korean suppliers
- They first launched their premium service in 2004,
- Major countries they operate in are China, Korea, Malaysia, India, and Russia.
- It has over 7 million products, 2 million member companies
- 3.5 million monthly website visitors
- It has 3.5 million B2B buyers in their database
ThomasNet - From Print Directory to Online
- Oldest as around for more than 120 years
- Most comprehensive - esp. for US/Western countries' industrial suppliers
- ECVV was founded in 2003
- Has more than 2.5 million registered users
- Leverage more than 1.5 million buyers from more than 220 nations.
- Human services with a team of marketers is working on connecting potential B2B buyers with sellers from around the globe.
- Brand marketing to make all clients a recognized business in their particular industry.
- GMV annual trade volume of this foreign B2B marketplace recorded in 2011 was over $5 b
- Recommended by the American International Business Council, and the Shenzhen Government.
Other India Sites
Walmart Wholesale, India
However there is no limits in the B2B space - so both Amazon and Walmart attacking the wholesale busness. In July 2020, Walmart merged its wholesale warehouses into Flipkart which it owns the majority of.
About India's top B2B marketplace for connecting suppliers with their buyers. - 20+ years in business - Registers over one and a half million suppliers - Buyers are over 10 million and keep increasing each year.
Around for over 23 years as an online wholesale commercial center.
TradeIndia also offers business people to appoint franchisees, distributors, sales agents, and more. TradeIndia has signed up millions of people from across major and small industries.
- In 2019 3,750,000 users were on the site
- There were 2200 product categories
- Every month, it gets over 20.2 million visits.
It is 22 years old and has its headquarters in New Delhi, India.
A business directory with the intent of connecting India manufactures, suppliers, trade fairs, and product directories to the entire world. - Over 10 years in business - focus on wholesale business. - Its portals have more than 150,000 manufactures and suppliers for buyers to access.
Tradeford is an online business-to-business marketplace and an import-export directory connecting buyers and sellers on a global scale.
- Manufacturers and suppliers can register websites for their businesses for free as platforms to showcase their inventory without any limits.
- They trade in all manner of products ranging from hospitality, machinery, furniture, electronics, food, construction, hospitality among others.
This website has been around for 22 years.