mr Elder Care Companies ST4US
- Retail Presence --- XFR ---
- Trends in Hospice Caregivers
- Compete with Nursing Homes
- Flexible Services - not dedicated 24x7
- Need to make more affordable
- Background Checks, Liability Insurance
- Detailed Info on Caregivers
- SEG: Tech-Enhanced Hospice
- SEG: Transportation Sector
- SEG: Post-acute assistance services - the high need, MUST have segment
- Market Size, Costs per senior and Savings
- Human Resources issue of Caregivers
- Care provider Marketplace Companies
Retail Presence --- XFR ---
ePharmacy Market place
Walmart also has an online pharmacy that supplements its in-store pharmacy even in neighborhood stores concept with smaller format stores.
eInsurance Market place
Walmart has previously partnered with DirectHealth.com LLC, an insurance agency with web connections to 1,700 plans with 12 health insurers dating back to 2014
Retail health care, telemedicine offices and Wellness
Rivals such as Walgreens and CVS Health have been more aggressive and public with their digital health collaborations spanning telmedicine, consumer wellness and other services. But they too have had to back away from the occasional partnership that just didn’t work out such as Walgreens with Theranos and RiteAid with HealthSpot, though RiteAid did acquire the telemedicine kiosk company’s assets.
Walmart provided tenancy to Telmed Ventures to offer telemedicine services in at least one suburban Philadelphia store.
Trends in Hospice Caregivers
- K4Connect and Pryon Bring the Power of AI to the Senior Living Industry to Improve the Lives of Residents and Empower Caregivers During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
- Key to a happy retirement? Fun housemates - BBC News
- Home Care for Medicare Advantage Health Plans & Systems | CareLinx
- Who Will Care for Caregivers? CareLinx Will – And Does | CareLinx
- Tea and Technology: A conversation with Aloe Care: A new voice-first, no-hands solution for keeping people safely at home | Aging2.0
- Caregiver nation: New tools to manage a family members health as well as your own - Harvard Health
- How To Say Yes To Help — Advice For Caregivers : Shots - Health News : NPR
Compete with Nursing Homes
The part of wider movement to provide support services for seniors at a more affordable cost than the rising prices of assisted living communities and to help seniors age in place.
Flexible Services - not dedicated 24x7
Need to make more affordable
Home care staffing companies have sought to make their services more flexible and thereby more affordable
Background Checks, Liability Insurance
- Marketplaces claim to do background checks and review each of the prospective hosts to protect caregivers too. These companies also claim that its caregivers have passed a comprehensive background check and are covered with $1 million professional liability insurance through Lloyd’s of London.
Detailed Info on Caregivers
These marketplaces like Airbnb provide information to seniors to make decisions on where to stay based on reviews, price, location and amenities.
SEG: Tech-Enhanced Hospice
SEG: Transportation Sector
CareLinx made a deal with Lyft to offer its customers access to the ride-sharing service on its app. The agreement means that in places where CareLinx and Lyft are offered, family members and caregivers can order a “CareRide” from CareLinx for a doctor’s appointment, for example, and can track the status of the ride.
SEG: Post-acute assistance services - the high need, MUST have segment
Market Size, Costs per senior and Savings
Disrupting the $100B+ in-home care market.
It costs well over $40,000 per senior in long term care. ??
Traditional brick and mortar Hospice Agencies - cheaper, less reliable, no assurance on safety
Using more flexible inhome service providers, helps those in need of finding and managing in-home care services. This can save families over $10,000 a year on top of traditional agencies. Companies using modern technologies eliminate the need for traditional brick and mortar agencies by empowering families and caregivers to directly connect online.
Many kinds of custom, flexible providers, not just one expensive "Nurse".
Many customer types, distribution channels
- hospital discharge/transition planners for post-surgery planners
- families and loved ones's kids
- home care agencies
Employers HR Long Term Care
Many FULL-CYCLE services to facilitate - not just an app to easily find
- Not a "see all" Directory
- MATCH - not just search - match their specific needs and budget online.
- Video interview
- Run background checks
- Payments professional caregivers
READY TO GO AVAILABLE
eg. CareLinx has over 20,000 caregivers within its network and is already helping many families across the United States.
PR, Awards, Testimonials - necessary for such a sensitive CareLinx recently won the AARP National Conference LivePitch event and has been featured in BusinessWeek, Forbes, Bloomberg, more.
The company earns a 15% service fee on all invoices paid through its platform, similar to Airbnb & Uber.
Human Resources issue of Caregivers
Hospice go to Multiple homes as caregivers
Hospice caregiver marketplaces like CareLinx boast that its network of caregivers get the opportunity to significantly increase their take-home pay. But given how in demand most caregivers are and the long hours they generally work, it makes me wonder how effective these caregivers are compared with ones who only have one job.
HR Issue: Qualified caregivers hard to find, massive turnover
A huge weakness of this healthcare sector is that qualified staff are hard to find for this kind of laborious work where compassion, empathy, and patience are essential.
This is seen via massive turnover.
HR Intermediaries : Temps and Agencies fill the gap
HR: Role of immigration in 3rd world Warm body shopping
The Trump administration’s immigration reform moves, such as his actions with Dreamers, also risk making the task of building and maintaining a sufficient workforce that much harder.
Care provider Marketplace Companies
CareLinx/Generali Global Assistance - marketplace for care-givers
CareLinx is an online marketplace matching up patients and their families with caregivers for hire,
Tag: CareLinx is a secure online professional caregiver network that empowers families to directly connect with caregivers and manage their home care services online.
French insurance giant Generali Group which is part of Europ Assistance Group and Generali Group acquired CareLinx, Sep 2017. Generali started as a worldwide medical assistance, and now it has evolved as a provider of health, home and family, automotive and travel insurance. as a group that develops care and mobility services in challenging and stressful situations.
Generali said it will integrate CareLinx’s network of non-clinical in-home caregivers with its existing remote clinical support business providing “a wide spectrum of post-acute assistance services.
Generali’s remote support center gives nurse and doctor-supported telephonic medical assistance and navigation 24 hours per day and stated it will be leveraged by CareLinx customers and partner
- Launched 2011
- 2014 Linkage Ventures
- $5m - 5/15 Linkage VC, Generator Ventures
- HQ: 1150 Bayhill Dr #307, San Bruno, CA 94066
- Phone: 1 (866) 991-3655
It is developing a service that would let seniors recovering from surgery stay with people trained as caregivers and those willing to serve as caregivers on a short term basis.
Cariloop.com - Peace of Mind
Cariloop sees itself as a Match.com for seniors. It also takes into consideration that adult children or other family members are using the service on behalf of a loved one.
TAGLINE: Guidance and support in your most stressful caregiving moments Our dedicated Care Coaches walk with you through every challenge you face while caring for a loved one.
For Individuals - Elder Care
When you're going through the stressful process of caring for a loved one, we're here for you.
Dedicated Care Coaches. A professional, personable Care Coach supports you through every step of your caregiving journey.
Comprehensive Guidance. Craft a plan that guides you through the medical, financial and legal needs of caring for a loved one.
Family Health Records, Memories - Storage and Collaboration. Families can store files, manage tasks, and easily communicate with their Coach through our secure portal.
For Employers - Distribution Channels
Offering Cariloop to your employees creates a less stressed, more productive workplace.
Improve Emotional Wellness. The platform helps relieve employee caregiver fear and anxiety so they are happier, healthier, and more focused.
Boost Productivity. Their Coaches handle the coordination and research so your employees aren't spending precious work time.
Manage Absenteeism. The program reduces PTO/FMLA utilization and turnover by providing end-to-end employee support.
Hiring Incentive, Staffing Benefit.
Vesta Health Care.com - in-home care marketplace
Connecting caregiver insights to at-home care
- Elevating the work of caregivers.
- Deploying collaborative and intuitive technology.
- Providing peace of mind at home & improved outcomes for healthcare.
It bills itself as an affordable alternative to nursing homes by providing a mobile, connected home. It is designed to be placed in the caregiver’s back yard so it’s only suitable if you own a decent-sized patch of land and live in the ‘burbs or rural areas.
Honor home safety and caregiver-on-demand service
Caregiver-on-demand service provider’s expansion strategy
Our goal is to educate consumers and learn more from them about what they need to be safe in the home
It builds a Care Pro network, that it needs to grow and thrive in its existing and new store-in-store new market.
Doing a pilot with Walmart as a store-within-a-store concept at two locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. These units allow customers to get a care and safety consultation with a report they can take home with them. They can also purchase and schedule a home care and safety modification assessment visit for their homes and receive a demonstration of the Honor’s app.
- Honor CEO and Co-founder Seth Sternberg
- Series B
- HQ and initial markets in Texas
Aloe Care Health - Fall Detection HAN, Sensors
Product - Complete solution
The Aloe Care in-home bundle includes a Smart HUB and three Smart Sensors to detect falls, motion, air quality and temperature.
- The service improves elders' safety and makes communication and care collaboration intuitive and easy.
- Smart Hub in the elders' home for secure, two-way, hands-free communication
- Multiple Smart Sensors to detect falls, motion, air quality, and temperature.
- Has LTE builtin even without WiFi
- No wearable tracker is needed for the system to work.
- NOT camera based, respecting privacy
- BE Aloe Care service is bolstered by 24/7/365 access to a professional emergency response team.
- APP private, secure family app for real-time status-checks
- voice connection to the elders' Smart Hub,
- care collaboration with family and professional caregivers.
Marketing via "Home Care Concierge Providers"
- Hardware payment is processed as of ship date. Necessary plugs and batteries are included, in addition to your Aloe Care Setup Guide.
- No long term contract - cancel anytime
- like alarm pros to setup/install
Home Care Response Teams - ability to collaborate with others in the Aloe Care family app
Jan 2020, Launches First Digital Assistant To Support Independent Living For Older Adults
Dec 2019? Partnership with the Home Care Association of America (HCAOA), Aloe Care has also announced its availability through numerous major private duty home care strategic partners and personal emergency response distributors in the U.S.
aloecare.com, https://www.linkedin.com/company/aloecare/, blog on medium
- Evan Schwartz, Founder, prev Founding team CDNOW (sold to BMG), EVP Online, Columbia House
- Ray Spoljaric, CEO and co-Founder
- Lasse Hamre, CTO / Co-founder - previously CTO iHeartRadio, and its core media backbone
- HQ NYC
- VC funding RiverPark Ventures, Oceans Ventures, and Grit Capital Partners.