Global Power Elite - Corporatocracy
- World Bank and IMF
- How G7 and MNCs influence Local Power Elites
- Local Elites Skim MOST Profits from Oil, Mining and Resources
- Using Corporate Economic Hitmen - Bribes
- Construct Large Projects - Profitable for MNCs not Developing Countries
- Get into Debt Traps and Bailouts
- Bribes and payoffs - easy, but will they stay bribed?
- Fraudulent financial reports and Looting
- Backstop tinpot Dictators
- UN Influence, Peacekeeping, Role of Veto Power
- How Countries Repay
- Use Favored MNCs
- Wars and Military
- Examples of Economic Control
World Bank and IMF
- Steve Berkman
How G7 and MNCs influence Local Power Elites
Local Elites Skim MOST Profits from Oil, Mining and Resources
By design large MNCs influence the local elites and politicians in control. Inevitably, only a small portion of the population benefits at the expense of the rest, pointing to, as an example, an increase in income inequality, whereby large U.S. corporations exploit cheap labor, and oil companies destroy local environment.
Using Corporate Economic Hitmen - Bribes
Construct Large Projects - Profitable for MNCs not Developing Countries
Economic Hitmen's job is to convince foreign governments to accept large, unfair loans for various construction projects. The sites include dams, power plants, airports, and highways.
Once countries inevitably default on the loans, they come under the control of The World Bank or The International Monetary Fund.
Get into Debt Traps and Bailouts
John Perkins wrote a series of books stating his job was to convince leaders of underdeveloped countries to accept substantial development loans for large construction and engineering projects.
Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources.
Bribes and payoffs - easy, but will they stay bribed?
Fraudulent financial reports and Looting
Ensuring that these projects were contracted to U.S. companies, such loans provided political influence for the US and access to natural resources for American companies. The US CIA, NSA, etc. support multi-national corporations to combine geo-politics and economics.
- Shah of Iran was installed by Western oil companies in the early 1950s, by Kermit Roosevelt Jr., the grandson of Teddy Roosevelt, who literally went in with suitcases of green dollars, to overthrew the government of Iran, a democratically elected government, Mossadegh’s government who was Time magazine's person of the year; and he was so successful at doing this without any bloodshed—well, there was a little bloodshed, but no military intervention, just spending millions of dollars and replaced Mossadegh with the Shah of Iran. The problem with that was that Roosevelt was a C.I.A. agent. He was a government employee. Had he been caught, we would have been in a lot of trouble. It would have been very embarrassing. So, at that point, the decision was made to use organizations like the C.I.A. and the N.S.A. to recruit potential economic hit men.
Later the policy changed to hire economic hit men in third party companies with plausible deniability. John Perkins, etc. were told to work for private consulting companies, engineering firms, construction companies, so that if we were caught, there would be no connection with the government.
Backstop tinpot Dictators
- Iraq was backed heavily anti-Iran, killing millions of people including chemical weapons used by Saddam Hussein - then a sponsored leader for the US forces.
UN Influence, Peacekeeping, Role of Veto Power
How Countries Repay
China and Western countries' request return payment of past bribes and favors - A favorable UN vote - Preferential Access to mining and oil extraction - An agreement to build a port or a military base within the country’s borders.
Use Favored MNCs
Bechtel, Halliburton, Goldman Sachs as proxied and "Contractors"
Extortion, blackmail and sex
They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.
Targeted Surgical Assassinations
Ecuador President Jaime Roldós Aguilera whom Perkins says was a patriot and "untouchable" had his plane blown up with explosives - assassinated by US Oil interests to gain access to Ecuadorian oil. The plane debris was handled secretly, then the few witnesses also died later in car crashes.
Perkins's contends also that Panama's General Omar Torrijos was assassinated by U.S. agents for opposing the interests of the owners of their countries' foreign debt. In Panama's case Reagan rabidly opposed nationalization of the Panama Canal zone - saying that it was sovereign US property just like Alaska! The geopolitical strategic importance and securing of the Panama Canal as a permanent United States asset was the reason.
Step 3: Proxy Coups if Nationalize Resource Industry - Regime Change
Wars and Military
Direct Military Intervention
- Iraq's Saddam Hussein grew too big and Jackals failed to assassinate him. The Bush dynasty felt "insulted" by his survival after 1992 Desert wars, when the military under Powell persuaded Congress to exit after achieving expulsion from Kuwait and leaving Saddam in charge. Then Bush Baby Jr was marginally elected, partly by some poll shenanigans in Florida run by his brother Jeb Bush and rubber stamped by the Supreme Court. Bush Jr went all in with shock-and-awe based on lies and outright conspiracies killing millions of innocents in Iraq. What other than blowing up Iraq has US achieved in Iraq other than burning TWO TRILLION in US Treasure?
John Perkins, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, 2004 and other books placed on the best-seller lists of both the New York Times and Amazon.
John Perkins movie - In front of an angry audience somewhere in Latin America, a North American discloses the secret network that used the World Bank, payoffs, extortion and sex, military coups and political assassinations to create the American empire. The definitive answer to President Bush's question: "why do they hate us?". - Confessions of an Economic Hitman - YouTube Dec 2010. In 2009, Stelios Kouloglou directed a Greek–U.S. co-produced documentary titled Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, featuring interviews with Perkins filmed between 2007 to 2008. The film was shown at movie festivals around the United States.
A game as Old as Empire - The Secret World of Economic Hit Men and the Web of Global Corruption, Edited by Steven Hiatt, contributors including John Perkins.
- The Secret History of the American Empire: The Truth About Economic Hit Men, Jackals,
- How to Change the World (2007)
- Hoodwinked: An Economic Hit Man Reveals Why the World Financial Markets Imploded
What We Need to Do to Remake Them (2009)
Zeitgeist: Addendum (2008)
Four Horsemen (2012)
The Ascent of Money written by Niall Campbell Ferguson is an Anglo-capitalist diehard. He is Scottish-born and Fellow at the highly Right-wing Conservative Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Previously, he was a professor at Harvard University controlled by neoliberals and New York University. Of course he hails from the bastion of British racism and imperialism - Oxford.