[TOC] - Day of the Falcon 2011 - IMDB: 6.7 - Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud
- Amira & Sam (2014)
- IMDb: 6.1 An army veteran's unlikely romance with an Iraqi immigrant is put to the test when she is faced with the prospect of deportation.
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist 2012 %O
A young Pakistani man is chasing corporate success on Wall Street. He finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.
- Director: Mira Nair
Women Rights, Life, Professional Women
- IMDB: 5.7
- Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud High off the success of her first book and planning to marry ZIAD, her sensible, stable and studious fiance, MAY BRENNAN has it all. At least that's what she'd like people to believe. Reunited with her family in Amman, she's thrust back into the chaos of her former existence. Her headstrong mother NADINE, a born-again Christian disapproves of her Muslim fiance so thoroughly she plans to boycott the wedding. Her younger sisters DALIA and YASMINE behave like her children. And her estranged father EDWARD is suddenly and suspiciously interested in making amends. As her wedding day looms, May finds herself more and more confronted by the trauma of her parents divorce. And soon, her once carefully structured life spins hopelessly out of control. - Watch May in the Summer | Free Online Movie Streaming
- The Prophet 2014 Online
- IMDB: 7.1
- Director: Roger Allers, Starring: Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, Quvenzhané Wallis, John Krasinski The Prophet is a movie starring Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, and Quvenzhané Wallis. Exiled artist and poet Mustafa embarks on a journey home with his housekeeper and her daughter; together the trio must evade the authorities who fear
- Day of the Falcon 2011
- IMDB: 6.7
- Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud In the beginning of the Twentieth Century, in Arabia, Emir Nesib of Hobeika defeats Sultan Amar of Salma after years of war between their tribes and they make a peace treaty creating "The Yellow Belt", a large no man's land that would separate their lands and would not belong to neither of them. Further, Nesib demands the sons of Amar, Saleh and Auda, to be raised together with his children Tarik and Leyla by him in Hobeika as a guarantee of their agreement. Fifteen years later, representatives of the Texas Oil find oil in the Yellow Belt and the modern and liberal Emir Nesib sees the opportunity to improve and modernize the life of his tribe, building hospitals and schools, and the American Company begins the exploitation of the oil field, violating the peace pact. Nasib sends a representative to make an agreement with the fundamentalist Sultan Amar, but he does not accept the offer. Saleh decides to travel to Salma to talk to his father and kills his two companions.
=== Kurdish Movies - War and Life under War, Dramas, History
Iranian Kurds, War, Life, Drama
-A Time for Drunken Horses (2000) 7.7 Young Iranian Kurdish siblings try to save the youngest of them, who is seriously ill.
-Dol (2007) 5.7 On his wedding day, a Kurdish man must flee through Turkish, then Iraqi and eventually Iranian Kurdistan.
-Siyah karga (2016) 5.0 Sara, who left her own country Iran without permission of her parents when she was a teenager, is an actress in Paris, France. She recieves a letter from Iran and she wants to go to her ...
- -Black Horse Memories (2015) 5.7 A group of young people are trying to teach Kurdish in Turkish Kurdistan, a land where the teaching of the language is forbidden by Turkish authorities. Part of their work is to print ...
- -Walking (2011) 7.3 1980. Xelilo, a disturbed man, lives in an abandoned store and walks endlessly through the streets of Nusaybin, a Kurdish village in the south east of Turkey He is curiously being noticed ...
-14 Tirmeh (2017) 8.1 In September 12 1980, the Turkish state carries out a military coup suppressing the struggle of the Kurds for human rights and freedom - their existence, identity, language and culture are ...
-The Herd (1978) 8.3 Because of a local blood feud, a peasant family in eastern Turkey decides to sell its sheep - a most precious commodity - in far away Ankara. During their long train ride, bribes must be ...
- -Klamek ji bo Beko (1992) 5.9 Beko is a young Kurd who lives in the Turkish part of Kurdistan.
Iraqi-Iran War, Chemical Bombing - Life, Drama
- -Kilometre Zero (2005) 6.1 Set during the Iraq-Iran war in the 80s, the film tells of a tragicomic road trip set in Iraq's Kurdistan.
- -Pako (2015) 5.6 A soldier gets permission from the military services during the Iraqi-Iranian war, and returns back to his village for his wedding. When he returns to the army, he finds his fellows ...
- -Jiyan (2002) 7.1 Five years following the infamous chemical and biological bombing of Halabja, Diyari, a Kurdish/ American good Samaritan, returns to his homeland to build an orphanage in what is left of ...
- -The Face of the Ash (2014) 6.4 During the Iraqi-Iranian war, which started in 1980 and lasted for eight years, a Muslim family in a Kurdish village received from the government the corpse of their son, who had been ...
- -Bêrîtan (2006) 6.8
- -Phantom of a Previous War (2013) 6.5 on 1980 to 1988 Iraq entered to war with Iran, many people has killed and left their family behind, meantime Kurdish people fight for their right with Saddam Husain's Government. Pishtewan ...
- -Bekas (2012) 7.5 Iraq in the early 1990 was a devastating land to survive in. When we think of Iraq, the first thing that tends to pop into our minds is the war and Saddam Hussein. But there is another side...
-Crossing the Dust (2006) 7.0 A road movie set in Iraq in 2003 during the fall of Saddam. Two Kurds are looking for the parents of a five-year-old boy who has been found in the street in tears. His name is Saddam too. ...
-Memories on Stone (2014) 6.9 Kurdish childhood friends Hussein (37) and Alan (40) direct and produce a film about the genocide of Kurdish people in Iraq, the Anfal campaign in 1988. They learn that, to achieve veracity...
Refugee Life in Camps
- -The Suspended Step of the Stork (1991) 7.5 A reporter stuck in a border town with an overcrowding of refugees sees a man he believes to be a long lost politician.
- -Kick Off (2009) 6.7 Inside a beat up stadium in Kirkuk, Iraq, live many refugees trying to escape Sadam Hussein's administration. Asu lives with his younger brother who has lost his legs from a landmine.
Modern Kurdistans, ISIS fight 2011+
Iraqi-Kurds 2005+ post Saddam
- -Comedy on TV in life Turtles Can Fly (2004) 8.1 Near the Iraqi-Turkish border on the eve of an American invasion, refugee children like 13-year-old Kak (Ebrahim), gauge and await their fate. The film is set in the Kurdish refugee camp on the Iraqi-Turkish border on the eve of the US invasion of Iraq. Thirteen-year-old Satellite (Soran Ebrahim) is known for his installation of dishes and antennae (for local villages who are looking for news of Saddam Hussein) and for his limited knowledge of English. It was the first film to be made in Iraq after the fall of Saddam Hussein.
- Watch Online - Turtles Can Fly YT Flimi kurdi كيسئلةكان دةفرن
-Jani gal (2007) 7.3 Setting: Sulaymaniah, Iraqi Kurdistan, in the 1940s. When his wife Kaleh goes into labor, her husband Jwamer runs to get the midwife. By ill luck, he runs into the middle of a political ...
Iraqi-Kurdistan Formation, Kirkuk 2015+
- -Before Snowfall (2013) 7.1 BEFORE SNOWFALL is a road movie that becomes an odyssey from East to West for young Siyar, a village-boy from Iraqi-Kurdistan. His journey begins when his older sister, Nermin, flees her ...
Syrian War, Struggle against the ISIS
-A Dream Before Dying (2018) Alan and his family deal with the horrors of war and the events in their lives that lead Alan to become one of the most fearless and respected bomb disposal technicians for the forces allied against ISIS in Northern Iraq.
-The End Will Be Spectacular (2019) After her brother's death in the hands of ISIS, Zilan returns to her natal city, where the people's demonstrations are receiving brutal repression. In the fight for her people's freedom, she will not remain a passive witness.
ISIS and Women
- -kingdom of ants (2016) 5.7 The film is about a Yezidi girl who is a victim of the Islamic State (IS) atrocities. After 11 months of captivity, she gives birth to an illegitimate child whose father is unknown. The ...
Kurds Overseas - Refugees
-Letter to the King (2014) 6.9 Letter to the King portrays five people on a day trip from a refugee camp to Oslo, a welcome change in an otherwise monotonous life. But we soon realize that each and every one of them has ...
-The Last Four (2010) 7.3 Four friends seek asylum as refugees in Sweden, but are rejected. They decide to stay illegally. According to the Swedish Migration Board a person can seek again after four years. Only three days now remain.
-Winterland (2007) 6.4 A love story about two Kurds in the north of Norway.
Overseas Kurds and Return Home to Kurdistans
- -Shirin (II) (2012) 6.6 A boy from kurdistan living in france coming back to visit his childhood village, there to meet a girl studying french language at university of salahadin , the cultural conflict, a young innocent romance , leading to loads of problems.
History WWI to 1990s
- -The Dance of the Horses (2015) The film is based on a true story. It talks about the end of War and defeat of forces and the relation between Kurds and Arabs by the end of 1991,
Kurdish Movies General Life
- -Brainstorm (II) (2015)
- -Meteors (2017) 6.8 They come at night and everybody steps out. They light torches and remember those who have walked these streets before them. In the coming hours, the city will be on lockdown: an eclipse appears and meteors start to fall.
- -Genco (2017) 3.9 The film is about a limited-superhero who wants to change the world with daily, weird and funny works.
Police and Government Oppression of the Kurds
-Mardan (2014) 6.0 Mardan is a police officer who one day meets Leila, whose husband has disappeared. Mardan takes it on himself to solve the mystery.
-Before Your Eyes (2009) 7.4 Diyarbakir, in the late nineties: Two young Kurdish children are forced to live on the street after their parents have been murdered by a member of a secret state security force.
- -My Sweet Pepper Land (2013) 7.0 Baran, a Kurdish independence war hero, is now sheriff in Erbil, the capital city. No longer feeling useful in this society now at peace, he thinks about quitting the police force, but ...
- -My Father's Wings (2016) 7.0 Set against the backdrop of construction activity promising to fill in the empty spaces of the urban landscape with entirely new neighborhoods, a story unfolds of an aging construction ...
-Alrrabieat bitawqit alfirdaws (2015)
-Through the Eyes of Another (2005) 6.2
-Whisper with the Wind (2009) 7.0 An elderly radio-operator travels across Kurdestan in the war-torn 80s assuring communication between lost families.
- -Narcissus Blossom (2006) 5.9
- -Half Moon (2006) 7.2 Mamo, an old and legendary Kurdish musician living in Iran, plans to give one final concert in Iraqi Kurdistan. After seven months of trying to get a permit and rounding up his ten sons, he...
- -Arada (II) (2018) 5.9
- -Reseba: The Dark Wind (2016) 7.6 Radical Islamist militants attack a village in Iraq where a young Yazidi love couple prepares for marriage. From that moment onwards their lives are turned into a nightmare.
- -Red Heart (2011) 6.5 The teenagers Shirin and Soran are in love, and want to marry, but Shirin's father has arranged her marriage, and forbids them. On her wedding night Soran kidnaps her for them to be together.
- -Ehmedê Xanî'den: Mem û Zîn (1991) 6.6 Based upon an ancient epic poem by "Ahmad Khani", the film relates the story of Mem,a young Kurdish boy, who falls in love with Zin, the daughter of the governor of Butan,when the people ...
Womens' Life, Rights
- -Ugly Duckling (2017) 5.2 Eylem is a young woman. She lives in a small Kurdish town and works at a rug workshop. She thinks her nose is too large, and dreams of having cosmetic surgery. However, one of her brothers ...
-Babamin Sesi (2012) 6.5 When Basê finds herself revisited by voice recordings resurfacing from the past, she whispers to her son Mehmet things that he never knew.
-El clásico (2015) 7.2 Two Kurdish little people in Iraq risk their lives to fulfill their dreams and that is to meet football hero Cristiano Ronaldo.