- Political Science of The Establishment
- Indian Political Establishment
- Chinese Political Establishment
- US Political Establishment
- Americans not fighting for change - they are Richer and freer than Most countries
- Kingmakers: Establishment BEHIND the political parties!
- Democratic Party are not to help downtrodden not leftists - but shrewd Whores for Elites
- Republicans are rural as well as for tax cutting of $200k+ SMEs
- President is often anti-establishment
- Congress goes On an On = movers and shakers within Government
- The movers and shakers Outside Government
- No term limits for Congress = Captured State power
- PACs and direct Donations by Uber-Rich supports continual re-election
- Rising inequality
- Globalization is really Unfair trade - Supports Elite Wealth
Political Science of The Establishment
One can refer to any relatively small class or group of people that can exercise control as The Establishment.
The Establishment is a dominant group or élite that holds power or authority in a nation or in an organisation - not only mean the centres of official power—though they are certainly part of it—but rather the whole matrix of official and social relations within which power is exercised. It may comprise a closed social group which selects its own members, or specific entrenched élite structures, either in government or in specific institutions.
It includes politicians, civil servants, legal representatives, academics, clergy in the Church of England, financiers, industrialists, governors e.g. Bank of England, BBC etc.
The Canadian Establishment
It began as a mix between the British and U.S. models, combining political appointments. The Family Compact is the first identifiable Canadian Establishment in Anglophone Canada. In Francophone Canada, the local leaders of the Catholic Church also played a major role. Multi-generations of old families of prominent business leaders, have maintained their importance into the 21st century especially in the media and in public transit. An evolution of gathering support around uber-Canadian nationalism and an identity has become pervasive to get ahead - esp. by the federal Liberal party.
Indian Political Establishment
Domination by Indian Central Government
Sharing: Doling out Taxes to States
Dynasties and Nepotism in Indian Politics
Since the late 1970s from J Nehru to Indira Gandhi, Indian politics has become dynastic due to
- Absence of a party organization
- External control via Independent civil society associations that mobilize support for the party
- Centralized financing of elections by external "parties"
This phenomenon is seen from national level down to district level.
Capture of Congress Party by Nehru dynasty
One example of dynastic politics has been the Nehru–Gandhi family which produced three Indian prime ministers. Family members have also led the Congress party for most of the period since 1978 when Indira Gandhi floated the then Congress(I) faction of the party.
State Dynasties rule
Dynastic politics is prevalent also in a number of political parties with regional presence.
Punjab: Shiromani Akali Dal
Bihar and Jharkhand: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
Tamil Nadu: DMK
- Nationalist Congress party
AP: Telugu Desam Party, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
Others: - Rashtriya Janata Dal - PDP - Janata Dal (Secular)
Coalition Politics, Horse Trading to Bypass Anti-Defection Laws
2008 "Operation Kamala" is a term coined in 2008, when former minister G. Janardhana Reddy used a method to secure support from legislators bypassing the Anti-Defection Law, so as to take BJP past the majority number.The BJP is now expanding Operation Kamala nationwide.
Vote banks of Identity politics
Chinese Political Establishment
CCP and the Circus of the Politburo
Princelings - more equal than the rest
US Political Establishment
Americans not fighting for change - they are Richer and freer than Most countries
US is not a totalitarian or dictatorship, where the population are an oppressed proletariat. The US is one of the freest nations in the world.
At the same time, while not as rich as small nations like Switzerland or Luxembourg, US has one of the highest per-capita incomes, lowest tax structures and low inflation (eg it imports cheapest rates from all over the world into its Walmarts).
So Americans are on the whole, fat and lazy - unlikely to want to scream and fight to change the system!
Kingmakers: Establishment BEHIND the political parties!
Democratic Party are not to help downtrodden not leftists - but shrewd Whores for Elites
Republicans are rural as well as for tax cutting of $200k+ SMEs
President is often anti-establishment
Some of the succesful presidential candidates in the recent history of the US have been anti-establishment outsiders. Jimmy Carter, a peanut farmer Ronald Reagan, a cowboy Bill Clinton, a slick rural, Arkansas no-name Barack Obama, a lawyer from Chicago Donald Trump, a man with no experience as a politician
- Even Bush Jr, was
Why is this? After a die-hard "business as usual" public votes for Fresh Air
- Bill Clinton dragged the Democratic party to the right.
- Trump dragged the Republican party back toward the center from uber-conservative neocons.
- Bernie Sanders failed to do: drag the Democrats back to the left where he stands!
Congress goes On an On = movers and shakers within Government
- Politicians themselves
- Advisors to the politicians, staffers - particularly chiefs of staff and campaign advisors,,, the guys behind the curtain
- Senior bureaucrats hired by elected executives such as governors. Good example is department heads.
- Those who pay the lobbyists including corporations, unions and other government entities
- Bundlers, PACs and special interest groups
The movers and shakers Outside Government
- The current US establishment is one of entrenched wealth, bolstored by power in the Media, Academe, Judiciary and Financial centers of power.
No term limits for Congress = Captured State power
The "establishment" is a very fluid term that in politics refers to a group of individuals and institutions, as well as their modes of interaction, that work to acquire, maintain, and eventually establish some sustainable network of power.
- A direct and simple core of the US Political Establishment are those in Senate and House re-elected again and again. It would also include the lobbyists who pay to have their interests prioritized and favored.
PACs and direct Donations by Uber-Rich supports continual re-election
Money in politics means the views of the 1% are more important than voters. On decisions like Citizens United and expansion of H-1b visas, we had examples where policies opposed by over 80% of the public, but favored by the 1% were pursued.
The dominant feature of the US power structure the last 35 years has been the only group improving their financial position are the most very wealthy Americans-those with net worth of at least $5 Million, the upper 1%.