Political Manipulators Right Wing Billionaires
- Babus and Corruption in Bush and Trump's Administration
- Bush Dynasty
- 1. Four Generation of Connections - $500m+ Family Fortunes
- 2. Matrimony to plain-Janes a way to rise rapidly in Wealth and Connections
- 3. Yale Legacies to the Max legitimized the Bush Scions
- 4. Heavy in Oil - Black Gold
- 5. Heavy in Arms Trade
- 6. Bushes in Secret Societies and Control of Intelligence especially CIA endeared them to Elites
- --- 1850s George H. Walker started the dynasty make millions selling Arms 1910s, Baku Oil fields 1920s
- 1910s Samuel Prescott Bush - arms supplier
- 1930s Prescott S Bush Brown Bros armed Hitler
- GHWBush - Soft Bonhomie, Deeply Evil Man
- Bush Sr CIA breaking laws in Angola, Noriega and Dictators
- 1988 Bush Sr contests and becomes President surfing the Reagan Wave
- Bush Jr
- 2003+ War in Iraq a false flag outright lie by George Bush and cohort
- Jeb Bush 2nd Son - RNC Florida Power Base yet National candidacy crippled by Bush Jr WMD lies/Obama
- Bush Gen IV+ Descendents
- Koch Brothers
- Sheldon Adelson $35b Zionist Billionaire distorting American Policy
- Las Vegas Casino owner influencing Trump's Mideast policy
- Life story
- Political protection against Online Gambling
- Political protection against Corrupt practices and Bribery
- Philanthropism Only 4% of Net Worth - Much more spent on Politics
- Strong Zionist, Role inside Israel Politics
- Controlling Israeli Political Lobby
- Blocking Cannabis Legalization in Major States - yet Illegal drugs everywhere
- Adelson Role inside US Politics
- Rabid Anti-Iran Influence on US Policy
- --- Casino Business Lessons - XFR
Babus and Corruption in Bush and Trump's Administration
1. Four Generation of Connections - $500m+ Family Fortunes
The American Dream is the myth about the United States is that we live in a “meritocracy,” where the “best and brightest” will rise to the top, and anyone can make it with intelligence and hard work. While partly true for some, there is the other side where family connections and fortunes are the silver spoons of success for many if not most of the oligarchy and crony capital-power.
Four generations of Bush family amassed their fortunes and achieving the heights of power through the cronyest of crony capitalisms. .. The Bush family’s rise to power and wealth has gone hand in hand with the fortunes of the oil industry and the military-industrial complex.
Family Trusts, Background Weath = Half a Billion Dollars and Counting
Over the course of five generations, the Bush and Walker clans have amassed fortunes and political power beyond belief. The family is worth a reported $400 million and has seated two members in the Oval Office. -- BI
Of course the above was quite a while ago, with the Fed Reserve handing out trillions the rich have only gotten far richer in 2008 and now 2020.
2. Matrimony to plain-Janes a way to rise rapidly in Wealth and Connections
Before the Walkers departed St. Louis for a rich Wall Street banking life New York, Walker's rather plain grand-daughter Dorothy fell for a striking Yale grad just back from the war.
This theme of handsome tall Bush scions marrying well connected rich but plain or simply ugly beaus continued just like Regan-Nancy, as a way to rapidly rise in connections and wealth.
- Bush Sr-Barbara Bush Yale alumnus and daughter of publisher Marvin Pierce. Her father became president of McCall Corporation, the publisher of the popular women's magazines Redbook and McCall's. She was already connected to political royalty as her ancestors include the 14th U.S. President Franklin Pierce in her own right. She was a fourth cousin, four times removed, of Franklin Pierce and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
3. Yale Legacies to the Max legitimized the Bush Scions
Most of the Bushes have been well connected as a Yale graduate with strong connections - every since most Bush dynasty elements have built their connections to Yale.
The Bush family included three generations of college cheerleaders George H.W. Bush was an accomplished baseball player. He played in the first two College World Series tournaments, and he met baseball legend Babe Ruth as a player at Yale. George W. Bush served as the head cheerleader as a high school senior at Phillips Academy and kept cheering while at Yale.
Yale was of course epicenter of the "Skull-and-Bones" secret society, helping connect them with the highest elites in the land.
In fact being Yale graduates may have helped them attract rich albeit plain Janes for extending the network of family ties.
4. Heavy in Oil - Black Gold
5. Heavy in Arms Trade
6. Bushes in Secret Societies and Control of Intelligence especially CIA endeared them to Elites
Prescott Bush was a key part of the military industrial complex and helped the notorious Dulles brothers in establishing the OSS, the predecessor of the CIA — thus getting the Bush family into the spy business.
--- 1850s George H. Walker started the dynasty make millions selling Arms 1910s, Baku Oil fields 1920s
In the mid-19th century, Dorothy's grandfather, David Davis Walker, had left his large, Catholic family’s farm in Cecil County, Maryland, and found his way to St. Louis, Missouri. He made his riches as a dry goods wholesaler. Ironically cornering grocery market was a HUGE business in Ohio and St Louis as the launching point of westward expansion. It is no coincidence that both Stanford made his first huge fortune in that, and that Sears was anchored in the same area.
1910s George W. Bush’s maternal great-grandfather, was president of Wall Street-based W.A. Harriman & Co. He made his fortune as a war profiteer, working alongside the House of Morgan in purchasing billions in armaments for Britain and France during the First World War.
Walker got a taste for the emerging importance of oil as the engine of profits and war when he oversaw the rebuilding of the Baku oil fields after the war in the 1920s.
Unlike the puritanical and workhorse-like Bushes, the Walkers lived lavishly. David hired private nurses and valets, who traveled with his children to boarding school, and purchased an oceanfront estate in Kennebunkport, Maine. .. His son, George Herbert "Bert" Walker, founded one of the Midwest’s earliest investment banking firms while he was in his 20s. He made a bulk of the Walker family's fortune at a historical Wall Street firm. - BI
At his peak, Walker was the director of 17 corporations and maintained homes around the country — including a 10,000-acre hunting preserve in South Carolina, where according to his granddaughter: “We were waited on by the most wonderful Black servants.”
1910s Samuel Prescott Bush - arms supplier
Samuel was Bush Jr's paternal great grandfather. Samuel Prescott Bush, son of a minister, laid the foundation for the family’s fortune. Known as the grand patriarch of the Bush clan.
Ironically, after Yale, he must have been "interned" and diverted for career success, but admirably he did worked his way up from an apprenticeship to become president of Buckeye Steel Castings Co., the country's third largest producer of steel couplers at the turn of the century ending up as an Ohio steel and railroad executive.
Samuel rubbed elbows with the Rockefellers and cofounded the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Samuel Bush, was the president of the Ohio-based Buckeye Steel. Like Walker, Samuel Bush made his fortune during the First World War by producing material for small arms. Of course, it helped that Samuel became head of the Ordnance, Small Arms and Ammunition Section of the federal government’s War Industries Board in 1918.
1930s Prescott S Bush Brown Bros armed Hitler
Bush Jr's paternal grandfather was Prescott Bush.
He became Walker’s son Bert's (his father-in-law) heir apparent at the merged firm of Brown Brothers Harriman.
Bert pulled some strings and found work for Prescott at the firm, though Prescott refused to admit he had any help getting there. Having the job handed to him betrayed his family’s tradition of making a name for yourself. - BI
Prescott Bush handled the “German work” for Brown Brothers in the 1930s. Prescott directed an investment bank that facilitated the transfer of gold, oil, steel, and coal all over the globe during World War II (its assets were later frozen, under suspicion that the bank backed Nazi sympathizers). Ending up raking in a fortune by rearming Hitler’s Germany and a 49 percent increase in U.S. investment in Germany during the 1930s — while investments declined throughout the rest of Europe. Prescott profiteered fromthe country that would become a U.S. enemy during the Second World War. Prescott was never found guilty of any crime. -- BI
Like other U.S. rulers who had kept a financial and political finger in Germany during the 1930s, Prescott Bush got in on the ground floor in Germany after its defeat in the Second World War.
He went on to serve two terms as a US senator from Connecticut between 1952 and 1963. This included being a major mover and shaker as the Republican Platform Committee Chairman.
Even later Prescott sat on two boards that “covertly” provided material for the Manhattan Project to develop the atomic bomb.
GHWBush - Soft Bonhomie, Deeply Evil Man
The death of George H.W. Bush produced a tidal wave of gushing tributes to a “great statesmen” and an “American hero” — even to his “boy-next-door bonhomie” — that sanitized his life.
Raised in an overtly religious household that encouraged both competitiveness and loyalty.
George graduated from prestigious (and well connected) Phillips Andover Academy and enlisted in the armed forces on his 18th birthday. Upon his return from the war, George married his high school sweetheart Barbara Pierce - note any student at Phillips was inevitably very well connected.
A Yale University alumnus like his father and grandfather, he captained the baseball team and joined the Skull and Bones society.
Did Bush Sr and Jr go for Pilot Training "safer" than being drafted
George H.W. Bush was intent on serving. In 1942, he enlisted in the US Navy to train as a pilot the same day he graduated from high school, and nearly a year later he became the youngest pilot in the Navy at the time. By the fall of 1944, he had flown in more than 50 combat missions. [There was risk involved even though US Air Force dominated most air theaters.] He flew his most dangerous mission — one that he would never forget. While on a bombing run to Chichi Jima island, his plane was hit by enemy anti-aircraft fire. After escaping and parachuting into the ocean, he found a life raft and paddled against the tide taking him toward Japanese-occupied territory. Luckily for him, a US submarine that was in the area, the USS Finback, spotted him and saved him from certain death. [Ironically, ] of the nine US airmen who escaped from their planes that day, Bush was the only one to evade capture and the horrible fate that awaited them.
Reward in Millions running useless Oil companies
Bush Sr gravitated to the oil industry through family connections and made a fortune. .. He took up a job at a Texas oil equipment company (where his father, Prescott, was a board member). George eventually became president of an independent offshore oil company.
“Mideast banks tied to the CIA would crowd alongside Florida Savings and Loans that once laundered money for the Nicaraguan contras. Dozens of oil wells would run eternally without finding oil, thanks to periodic cash deposits by old men wearing Reagan-Bush buttons and smoking 20-dollar cigars.” -- Kevin Phillips
Republican Old Guard deeply favored Bush Sr
In 1962, the same year his father retired from the Senate, Bush Sr took a serious interest in politics and became chairman of a local Republican committee. Sort of handing the dynasty baton from a RNC big-wig to inheritor. He won a seat in the US Congress four years later.
[Despite money, he could not will big in politics other than a] seat in Congress as representative of an oil-rich Texas district with the country’s highest number of Rolls Royces per person.
Bush Sr held just about every nonelected post that the Republican Party could arrange for him. - President Richard Nixon appointed him an ambassador to the United Nations,sending his political career into hyperdrive. This was a very prestigious "headshot" post, yet here he was famous for writing “thank you notes” to political donors during sessions and debates. - He was chief of the Republican National Committee, clearly showing Bush family
Bush Sr CIA breaking laws in Angola, Noriega and Dictators
The RNC and connections got his post at the CIA as director - a political appointment not a "spy rising through ranks".
There he was clearly a tool of the military-industrial complex. So entangled it was and dirty that Regan barely escaped with plausible deniability all the scandals. Yet Bush Sr was never indicted like North, etc.
- Intelligence structure is so important that people that control nation are entangled with higher NSA,CIA,FBI controllers.
1980s Iran Contra affair - GHWBush intimately involved - "Doesn't remember"
During the Reagan presidency, his connections as both a former spymaster and an oil industry crony made him the point man for the administration’s funneling of dollars and weapons to Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq.
Typical Bush fashion, he also helped with the scandalous deal with Iraq’s archenemy Iran, where the U.S. illegally sold weapons.
The clandestine CIA-led groups used the profits to support the brutal contra guerrillas fighting to overthrow the left-wing Sandinista government in Nicaragua.
Bush Sr he hits it big as Reagan VP
After losing in the 1980 Republican Party presidential primaries to Reagan — during which Bush Sr. coined the phrase “voodoo economics” to describe Reagan’s proposals for tax cut giveaways to the rich — he joined the ticket and became vice president.
1988 Bush Sr contests and becomes President surfing the Reagan Wave
On January 20, 1989, George was sworn into office as the 41st president of the US.
Bush Sr came to be known as the “butcher of Baghdad,” responsible for the deaths of some 200,000 Iraqis during the first Gulf War in 1991 — which was dominated by the most intensive aerial bombardment in the history of war. After the war, Bush had an approval rating of nearly 90 percent. .. But this support melted away in the face of the early 1990s recession, and Bush got only 37 percent of the popular vote in 1992, one of the lowest-ever results for a sitting president. Then he lost to "Slick Wille" Bill Clinton.
Alcoholic gets Born-Again - Connects with RNC Rabid Evangelical South power base
[Bush Jr's] reputation for drinking and partying is legendary. As a younger man, he had run-ins with the law that stemmed from his drinking, and he was known for drinking what he called "the four B's" -- beer, bourbon and B&B liqueur -- sometimes all in one sitting. .. [But then he stopped Cold Turkey on his 40th birthday when he could not function after an overnight hangover. He credits] American evangelist Billy Graham. "His care and his teachings were the real beginning of my faith walk — and the start of the end of my drinking. I couldn't have given up alcohol on my own. But in 1986, at 40, I finally found the strength to quit. That strength came from love I had felt from my earliest days and from faith I didn't fully discover until my later years." - CNN.com
Oil Industry - Insider Trading, SEC manipulation
In 1977 Bush began his industry career, when he established Arbusto Energy, an oil and gas exploration company he financed with his education trust fund surplus and money from other investors, including Dorothy Bush, Lewis Lehrman, William Henry Draper III, Bill Gammell, etc.
In 1984, Bush sold the company, heavily damaged due to the 1979 energy crisis, to Spectrum 7, another Texas gas exploration firm. Under the terms of the sale, Bush became CEO.
After years of Spectrum 7 losing revenue, it was merged into Harken Energy Corporation in 1986, with Bush becoming a director of Harken ie acknowledging his running as CEO was not the brightest idea.
In House of Bush, House of Saud, Craig Unger notes that at the time of Bush's sale, Harken Energy "was expected to run out of money in just three days" (p. 123). In a last-ditch attempt to save the company, Harken was advised by the endowment fund of Harvard University to spin off two of its lower-performing divisions. "According to a Harken memo, if the plan did not go through, the company had 'no other source of immediate financing.'" Bush had already taken out a $500,000 loan and sought Harken's general counsel for advice. The reply was explicit: "The act of trading, particularly if close in time to the receipt of the inside information, is strong evidence that the insider's investment decision was based on the inside information... the insider should be advised not to sell". -- Wiki
Against the advice of his counsel, Bush repaid his Texas Rangers loan by selling his 212,140 shares stock in Harken Energy on June 22 for a net profit of $848,560. The very next quarter, Harken announced losses of $23 million, which continued to the end of the year when the stock "plummeted from $4 to $1.25", triggering allegations of insider trading.
On March 27, 1992, the Securities and Exchange Commission concluded that Bush had a "preexisting plan" to sell, that Bush had a "relatively limited role in Harken management", and that it had not seen evidence of insider trading. Ironically Bush was still intimate as a director at the firm. SEC was RNC controlled and his dad was the President of the USA - go figure!
In April 1989, Bush assembled a group of investors from his father's close friends, including fellow fraternity brother Roland W. Betts. They bought an 86% share of the Rangers for $75 million. Bush received a 2% share by investing $606,302, of which $500,000 was a bank loan.
Critics allege that this decision was strongly influenced by the makeup of the SEC at the time, which heavily favored Bush. The chairman at the time was Richard Breeden, a good friend of the Bush family's who had been nominated to the SEC by President George H. W. Bush and who had been a lawyer in James Baker's firm, Baker Botts. The SEC's general counsel at the time was James Doty, who had been appointed by President H.W. Bush and as a lawyer in James Baker's firm, Baker Botts had represented George W. Bush when arrangements were made to acquire the Texas Rangers baseball franchise (although Doty recused himself from the investigation.). With Baker Botts representing W. Bush, the Saudi BinLaden family, and W. Bush's funding conduit James R. Bath, Doty was involved in the frivolous litigation campaign launched in the attempt to intimidate BinLaden middleman James R Bath's business partner [[Charles W. ["Bill"] White]] into cooperating with the attempted cover-up of secret BinLaden Family funding of W. Bush's campaigns and businesses. Bush's own lawyer was Robert Jordan, who had been "partners with both Doty and Breeden at Baker Botts and who later became George W. Bush's ambassador to Saudi Arabia".
Deep Saudi Connections - Bushes as Bin Laden proxies since 1977
Bush's own lawyer in SEC insider trading charges was Robert Jordan, who had been "partners with both Doty and Breeden at Baker Botts and who later became George W. Bush's ambassador to Saudi Arabia".
2001 Bush Jr helped Bin Ladens and Saudis quietly leave USA
As early as 1977, one of Bush Jr's major investors was James R. Bath, the last of whom represented Salem bin Laden, a half-brother and cousin of Osama bin Laden.
Bush Jr became Texas Governor to hold for Rove and Oil industry
In 1988 Bush Sr's presidential campaign, Bush sparked an interest in the "other family business." Karl Rove convinced him to run for Texas governor, and he captured 53% of the vote. W. announced his intent to run for president during his second term.
Texas Rangers, and eminent domain Stadium financed through taxpayer bonds
1988 Bush Jr learned from fellow Yale alumnus William DeWitt, Jr., that family friend Eddie Chiles wanted to sell the Texas Rangers baseball franchise along with the new sports stadium; built on land acquired under eminent domain law and built under funding financed through taxpayers' funds backed by a bond issued for its debt.
As managing general partner of the Rangers, Bush was the front man of the partnership. He assisted the team's media relations and the construction of a new stadium. Many in Arlington protested that the stadium was paid for with public funds, and when the stadium title was given to the Texas Rangers Organization, it effectively allowed Bush to cash out public funds. His public role generated valuable goodwill and reinforced name recognition throughout Texas.
When the Rangers franchise was sold for $250 million in 1998, at a total profit of $170 million, Bush personally received $14.9 million for his $600,000 investment, a really schrewd trade don't you think?
George Bush elected
Exactly 12 years after his father swore in as president, W. took the oath of office as 43rd president of the US. He also won a second term, which eluded his father.
? DID Jeb Bush 2000 and Florida Electoral Shenniagans help Bush Jr get elected?
2003+ War in Iraq a false flag outright lie by George Bush and cohort
Iraq US flip-flop from allying with Saddam to killing hundreds of thousands under a WMD false flag scheme.
However, Iraq was predated by two generations as Bush Jr's paternal Grandpa Prescott had very close ties rearming Hitler heavily profiteering from arms trade with the country that would become US severe enemy.
Trump later declared Bush Jr's role in Iraq as a huge mistake.
Jeb Bush 2nd Son - RNC Florida Power Base yet National candidacy crippled by Bush Jr WMD lies/Obama
Growing up, Jeb deviated from his father's and brother's career trajectories. He studied Latin American affairs at the University of Texas and moved to Florida in the early 1980s to work as a real estate developer and broker.
He forayed into politics as Florida's secretary of commerce in the late '80s and quickly moved up the ranks, serving two terms as the state governor.
The Bush family dynasty definitely tried to accomplish a presidential hat-trick. In December 2014, second-born son John Ellis "Jeb" Bush (second from right) released a statement hinting at a run for office. Jeb was considered a GOP front-runner for 2016 as the favored son, but lost in the primary to President Donald Trump.
Bush Gen IV+ Descendents
- Kevin Phillips, author of new book American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush.
- The Dirty Secrets of George Bush - YouTube
- Jacob Weisberg's exhaustive biography, "The Bush Tragedy"
- Money, power, and politics: how Joseph Kennedy Sr. built an American dynasty - YouTube
- Crimes of the Bush dynasty | SocialistWorker.org 0 House of Bush, House of Saud, Craig Unger
- What you don't know about the Bush family dynasty - CNNPolitics
- Bush dynasty corruption - Google Search
- How the Bush family rose to power - Business Insider
- Professional life of George W. Bush - Wikipedia
- George H.W. Bush (1924-2018), American War Criminal
- Legacy of President George H.W. Bush: War Crimes, Racism
- A DYNASTY CORRUPT
Sheldon Adelson $35b Zionist Billionaire distorting American Policy
Las Vegas Casino owner influencing Trump's Mideast policy
Started Poor and Hungry as an East European Jewish immigrant
The son of immigrants from Lithuania and Wales, Adelson grew up sleeping on the floor of a Boston tenement. His mother immigrated from England, and one of Sheldon Adelson's grandfathers was a Welsh coal miner. His father drove a taxi, and his mother ran a knitting shop. - He is a drop Out from the City College of New York. - He attended trade school in a failed attempt to become a court reporter, then subsequently joined the army.
Serial entrepreneur of 50+ businesses
Over the course of his business career, Adelson has created almost 50 of his own businesses
- An early entrepreneur, at age 12, Adelson borrowed $200 (a huge amount at the time) from his uncle to buy the rights to sell newspapers on a Boston street corner.
- At age 16 in 1948, he borrowed $10,000 (over $100,000 in 2017 dollars) from his uncle to start a candy-vending-machine business.
- A business selling toiletry kits,
- Started another business named De-Ice-It which sold a chemical spray to help clear frozen windshields.
- 1960s, started a charter tours business.
- By his 30s he had built and lost his fortune twice.
Big Money - Sale of Comdex to Softbank in 1995 years early before Internet killed and IT Crash!
In the late 1970s, Adelson and his partners developed the COMDEX trade shows for the computer industry, beginning in 1979. It was the premier computer trade show through much of the 1980s and 1990s. In 1995, Adelson and his partners sold the Interface Group Show Division, including the COMDEX shows, to SoftBank Corporation of Japan for $862 million; Adelson's share was over $500 m
1988 Got into Las Vegas Late at age 55 - old Casino boost with Conventions
- 1988 He didn't get into the casino business until age 55,, when he and partners bought the Sands Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas for $128 million.
- This was a depreciating asset with a story history - hangout of Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack.
- 1989 RIGHT AWAY Grew value by constructing the Sands Expo and Convention Center
- This leveraged his prior Comdex experience
- This was then the only privately owned and operated convention center in the U.S.
- It could beat out "benefits" marketing compared to the massive competition from city based convention centers eg SJ, LAX, etc.
- 1991 he saw success, RAZING old decrepit Sands hotel itself to spend $1.5b to construct The Venetian, a Venice-themed resort hotel and casino. The Venetian opened May 3, 1999. In 2003, The Venetian added the 1,013-suite Venezia tower – giving the hotel 4,049 suites; 18 restaurants and a shopping mall with canals, gondolas and singing gondoliers.
- By 2020 worth grew, he eventually owning more than half of this $14b Las Vegas Sands, which owns
Copy LV USA - with Political Ties - Atlantic Coast
- 2006 Got one of five stand-alone casinos that were awarded a slots license by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. "If we have the opportunity to build an integrated resort, we're going to do it. We think it will attract the customers and the tax revenue to the state of Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley and the cities that are in it." Adelson
- 2009 opening of a casino resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania with high stakes table games began operation on July 18, 2010.
- 2011 hotel opened.
- But by 2010 Adelson had regrets on slowdown - "If it were today, we probably wouldn't have started it."
Copy LV - 10 Las Vegas theme - with easy Global Money
Adelson's famous 10 Las Vegas theme may have led to a glut of more than 30 new casinos by mid-2020s alone in midst of Covid-19 era.
LV Sand is the parent company of Venetian Macao Ltd, which operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and the Sands Expo and Convention Center. The Venetian Macau, the seventh-largest building in the world by floor space and Scale beats, Lights and sounds help attract largest whales and wealthy.
Macau, was the Chinese gambling city that had been a Portuguese colony until December 1999. The one-million-square-foot Sands Macao became the People's Republic of China's first Las Vegas-style casino when it opened in May 2004. He recovered his initial $265-million investment in one year and, because he owns 69% of the stock, he increased his wealth when he took the stock public in December 2004. Since the opening of the Sands Macao, Adelson's personal wealth has multiplied more than fourteen times.
Was HKO Cotai strip viable?
Adelson pushed the Hong Kong Cotai Jet Service for HKO crowd vs CCP-controlled pure Macau hotel market.
- 2007, Adelson opened the $2.4-billion Venetian Macao Resort Hotel on Cotai and announced that he planned to create a massive, concentrated resort area he called the Cotai Strip, after its Las Vegas counterpart. Adelson said that he planned to open more hotels under brands such as Four Seasons, Sheraton and St. Regis. His Las Vegas Sands planned to invest $12 billion and build 20,000 hotel rooms on the Cotai Strip by 2010.
Copy LV to Singapore Outside Chinese Control
- 2006 awarded hotly contested license for the Las Vegas Sands, owns Sands in reclaimed landscape of lighted trees - Singapore Marina Bay.
- 2010 opened at a rumored cost of $5.5 billion. It includes stores at The Shoppes, convention center for Sands Live concert series, multiple swimming pools, night clubs, and 2,500 luxury hotel rooms.
Political protection against Online Gambling
In USA (vs Europe where it is legal), the politicians have opposed online gambling, though casinos are allowed free reign - as long as it done in very select areas.
The only exceptions are Native American Tribal lands which are considered their own nation.However these two do coordinate benefits and marketing in the other "non-gambling" states.
Adelson has fought increasingly hard against internet based gambling in recent years. Despite the legalization, and acceptance from many Las Vegas Casino CEOs, Adelson has poured money into candidates who want to overturn recent state legislation that legalizes online gambling.
By 2015 Adelson publicly backed a bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives. The legislation, named the Restore America's Wire Act, has been met with mixed reviews by the Republican Party.
Political protection against Corrupt practices and Bribery
Adelson's company was reportedly under federal investigation over alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act relating to payments made to a Macau lawyer.
In 2015, Sands agreed to pay a $9 million settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which included no admission of wrongdoing.
Philanthropism Only 4% of Net Worth - Much more spent on Politics
Adelson is a donor to a variety of causes, created the Adelson Foundation in 2007 - the base of his Philanthropism.
Strong Zionist, Role inside Israel Politics
- 2006+ He owns the Israeli daily newspaper Israel Hayom, Makor Rishon - as it is free, eventually it became the number-one daily newspaper (on weekdays) by 2011.
- 2007 he failed to purchase the Israeli newspaper Maariv but he continued to pursue it using court rulings to grab it in 2014.
Infuence of Israeli papers is concentrated
- 40% Israel Hayom
- 37% Yedioth Ahronoth
- 12% Maariv
- 6% Haaretz
Power pull on Israeli TV
In 2011, the Israeli press said that Adelson was unhappy with coverage of him on Israeli Channel 10, which alleged that Adelson had acquired a casino license in Las Vegas inappropriately through political connections. The channel apologized after Adelson threatened a lawsuit. This led to the resignations of the news chief, Reudor Benziman; the news editor, Ruti Yuval; and the news anchor, Guy Zohar, who objected to the apology.
Adelson is a big donor to Jewish organizations
- He has given $410 million to Birthright, which funds trips to Israel for young Jewish adults - often inculcating mostly Jewish US teens into Israeli life and culture.
Controlling Israeli Political Lobby
Repurposing the Israeli-American Council - At the November 2017 conference of the Israeli-American Council, Adelson declared that the organization should become primarily a political lobbying group on Israel-related issues. In contrast to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which supports a two-state solution and continued aid to the Palestinians, Adelson charted a course for IAC to oppose both of these positions. Israeli journalist Chemi Shalev said that IAC had not intended to become a political pressure group and that Adelson had "hijacked" it.
Blocking Cannabis Legalization in Major States - yet Illegal drugs everywhere
Fighting the "mainstreaming" of cannabis legalization - Adelson believes cannabis is a gateway drug to harder heroin and cocaine.
This has been explained as a personal passion of Adelson, whose son Mitchell died of an overdose of heroin and cocaine. Mitchell was said to have used cocaine and heroin from an early age. This was not really unusual for a son of a Las Vegas Moghul.
Adelson Role inside US Politics
He owns the American daily newspaper Las Vegas Review-Journal.
He is a member of the Republican Party
- He was the largest donor, of any party and a big President Trump supporter, Adelson and his wife donated $123 million to Republican campaigns and political action committees in 2018.
- He made the in both the 2012 and 2016 presidential campaigns.
- He gave the Trump inaugural committee US$5 m in Jan'2017 - the largest EVER single donation to this "show-n-tell" fluff He sat out the Republican primary season during the 2016 presidential campaign but on September 23, he announced a $25 million donation to Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, making him the largest donor to the Trump campaign and the largest donor in the presidential election (although this was less than the $100 million donation some had predicted).
Rabid Anti-Iran Influence on US Policy
In a panel discussion at Yeshiva University on October 22, 2013, Adelson said that the United States must get tougher about Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program.
He went on to explain that, after a show of force and a threat to also drop a nuclear bomb on Tehran, the U.S. should then say: if "You [Iran] want to be peaceful, just reverse it all and we will guarantee that you can have a nuclear power plant for electricity purposes, energy purposes."
- Sheldon Adelson - Wikipedia
- Sheldon Adelson
- The Jewish Gangster Who Founded the Gambling State in Las Vegas
--- Casino Business Lessons - XFR
Online Gaming Trend
Scale, Luxury Matters
The Venetian Macau, the seventh-largest building in the world by floor space and Scale beats, Lights and sounds help attract largest whales and wealthy.
Go where the Whales Are!
Historically till late 80s the Japanese were the whales but no outlet in Japan. Similarly the Chinese took over from 2000s in USA, but increasingly mainland Chinese wanted to be closer to Singapore and Macau by 2011. - Macau, was the Chinese gambling city that had been a Portuguese colony until December 1999. The one-million-square-foot Sands Macao became the People's Republic of China's first Las Vegas-style casino when it opened in May 2004. He recovered his initial $265-million investment in one year and, because he owns 69% of the stock, he increased his wealth when he took the stock public in December 2004. Since the opening of the Sands Macao, Adelson's personal wealth has multiplied more than fourteen times.
Political connections vital - land grants, money access, prevent online competition
OPM - reputation helps leverage and lets others take the risk!
By Q3'2019 the current US$65 billion-plus East Asian pipeline (divided in thirds)
- A virgin market of Japan
- global leader Macau of Whales
- the rest of the region eg
- Caesars Korea, a gaming addition to Laguna resort near Danang
- The Grand-Ho Tram’s expansion in Vietnam,
- Shambala casino in Russia’s Primorsky zone outside Vladivostok.
- Sihanoukville, dozens of licenses have been issued for $1b+ investment
These gaming projects may prove more than East Asia can handle requires Ebitda in Asia to literally double, even as the boom years in China GDP growth are behind it, and as so many of Asia’s wealthy individuals have already been captured
- They calculate major casino operators in the region totaled US$13.6 billion in Ebitda last year, drawn from primary feeder markets with GDP of US$15.5 trillion, one unit of Ebitda for every 1,141 units of GDP.
- Assuming “modest” annual growth of 5% for existing properties and a 20% ROI (return on investment) for new projects (ex-Japan),
- Ebitda for the region will need to reach US$27.7 billion by the mid-2020s.
- Casinos will need GDP to grow RAPIDLY at 10.7%, an unlikely prospect. (China’s GDP topped 10% in 2010 but fell to 4-5% by 2020).
- Covid likely to last till 2021-22, but recent reopening of Las Vegas has shown that risk taking gamblers "dont give a S***" about facemasks!
- Analysts suggest near-term development plans are “at least four times too big.”
- Some withdrawals include (admittedly more on the periphery)
- Galaxy Entertainment’s proposed Boracay resort
- Landing International’s Manila IR.