- Part of series SPECS4US - Specs4US All - Series and Guide
- Part of Series Blog7 CMSy Marketing Content - Users Guide SERIES Specs4US Pvt
Presenting with Slides and Markdown
ab Markdown for slides
Integrate into Authoring Frameworks - Blog7
KEY USP: Ultra Simplicity - less is more
This started as a side project to play around with MobX and newer CSS technologies. At work, we do lightning talks every two weeks, and while there’s no denying that Google Slides makes it relatively easy to produce a presentation, it still felt like there was too much friction in the process. I would dink around with textboxes and and layout and fonts and colors more than focus on my actual presentation. I generally keep notes and ideas in Markdown or plain text, so using those technologies to improve slidedeck-building seemed like an interesting challenge. - blog.slidewriter.io
I want to generate slides from Markdown? My requirements: 1. Can render as HTML
PACKAGED APP: Output to Print quality Handouts and Presentation Tools/Remotes
- Can print nicely to PDF
- Can output PPTx - so integrate into
- Physical 35mm slides anyone - haha
- JS slide player - for browser on author's own laptop
- Can go on a USB drive - just plug and play - docker image - no install?
- playback settings
- More customization control,
- Instagram and Dropbox support!
LateX/Beamer for Slides Generation
Markdown format > LateX/Beamer > an output PDF rendered with LaTeX's Beamer package. - Markdown: Creating Presentations Using Markdown and Pandoc - YouTube
Demos - of other products online - but make it super simple
button in blog7
- slidewriter.io - GREAT simple online tool
- Gitpitch.com - online tool, export to PPT/PDF
Editor, apps to PDF output
Marpdown Editor. Has a vsplit edit-preview panes. And exports to multiple format including PDF, and support themes.
For Mac desktop - deckset.com $$
Electron Desktop Editors
- angelborroy-ks/mdslide: The simplest presentation creating tool with Markdown
- VSCode has Markdown Preview Enhanced plugin
JS Slide Players
remark.js - Creates slides automatically from markdown , most of my presentations are using it, and built in language highligting
- Format as markdown
- Render as html
- Themeable/styled with css for consistency
- Presentation mode with speakers notes and you can present live, i.e. control the slides and others follow along on their own screens without the need for screensharing, i.e. less bandwidth.
- Export to PDF
- reveal-md CLI/Nodejs tool around revealjs
- webpro/reveal-md: reveal.js on steroids! Get beautiful reveal.js presentations from any Markdown file
t Tech Review
t Python usually wrapping JS player
Hovercraft for Python wraps JS
Hovercraft! is a tool to make impress.js presentations from reStructuredText.
Write your presentations in a text markup language. No slow, limiting GUI, no annoying HTML! Pan, rotate and zoom in 3D, with automatic repositioning of slides! A presenter console with notes and slide previews! Support for showing mathematical formulas. Styling is easy with CSS. The slide show generated is in HTML, so you only need a web browser to show it. Easy sharing, as it can be put up on a website for anyone to see! Full documentation is available at readthedocs.org, and also in the documentation subdirectory.
Inside Jupyter Notebook to present
- RISE - With RISE, a Jupyter notebook extension, you can instantly turn your jupyter notebook into a live reveal.js-based presentation. https://rise.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
t Conversion tools to pdf
- I use pandoc to generate my PDF slide decks from Markdown. I even have my own gist Python shell to exec pandoc for helping me to generate the PDF files. I'm sure that this can be modified to generate HTML documents. Pandoc is pretty amazing.
- melix/deck2pdf: Converts various HTML5 slide decks to PDF
- What? Slides? From Markdown? - Peter Conrad - Medium
- 4 Markdown-powered slide generators | Opensource.com
- List of markdown presentation tools
- adamzap/landslide: Generate HTML5 slideshows from markdown, ReST, or textile
- Build Presentations with Reveal.js and markdown - IB Computing
- markdown-to-presentation · PyPI
- Overview | Markdown Slideshow
- How you can ditch PowerPoint and build better slides with Jupyter and Reveal.js