University Research Beyond Rankings
- University Research Key Factors and Trends
- University Research Rankings and Beyond
- ==== USA
- India Post-graduate Research
- References, Resources
University Research Key Factors and Trends
Language Barriers - English is Science Lingua Franca
In Japan, the vast majority of papers are still published in Japanese, which a minority of non-Japanese scholars can utilise. It takes money and time to properly get scientific papers translated and published in English.
Publish or Perish
Open Scholarship vs Pearson-Springer-ish monopoly
University Research Rankings and Beyond
Rankings based on Publications and Funding
Research and research funding are among the parameters on which institutes are ranked globally
QS (Quacquarelli Symonds).
No Indian educational institution figures among the top 100 global universities recently ranked by QS. - IIT Delhi ranks 182 in this list while in the NIRF list it ranks second among Indian engineering colleges.
India's National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
Developed by the human resource development ministry.
University Research Rankings in 2019
Going Beyond Research Rankings
- Why are Japan’s universities lagging so far behind their international peers? | South China Morning Post
Yasushi Matsunaga of Waseda University, a professor of research strategy has written extensively on the source of the country’s low rankings.
India Post-graduate Research
Not Serious - 50% dropout rate in MTechs when get job
- IIT Guwahati, Numaligarh refinery setup Sustainable Materials Centre of Excellence will have the broad objective of developing sustainable materials esp. biodegradable plastics from various waste and byproducts sourced from multiple sectors like petroleum industries bio-refineries and agro-industries. To be run by Dept of Chem Engg with initial budget of Re 4 cr led by Prof. Vimal Katiyar, Coordinator.
Most Research funded by government
At most IITs, bulk of the research is funded by the government and government bodies.
Projects to see, sort
- IIT KGP students develop new electric vehicle - The Economic Times
- Students, IIT Guwahati faculty developing AI-enabled Chatbot to teach students - The Economic Times
- IIT Hyderabad developing waterproof material using industrial waste - The Economic Times
- IIT-Mandi developing technology to convert heat into electricity - The Economic Times
- breast cancer: IIT Guwahati and IISc Bangalore collaborate to study breast cancer - The Economic Times
- sanfe: IIT Delhi incubated startup Sanfe launches reusable sanitary pads - The Economic Times
- membranes: IIT Guwahati researchers develop membranes that can separate oil and water - The Economic Times
- IIT Madras working on tech to produce power from estuaries - The Economic Times
- IIT Madras researchers develop multimodal robot with industrial and field applications - The Economic Times
- Artificial Intelligence for Indian Railways — AI4Bharat
- Between Humans and Machines: Explainable Artificial Intelligence — AI4Bharat
- Remote Sensing with Satellite Imagery with Deep Learning — AI4Bharat
- Tamil Nadu e-Governance: A Case-Study — AI4Bharat
- Opportunities and Challenges in Speech Technologies for Indian Languages — AI4Bharat
- Putting Reinforcement Learning to Work — AI4Bharat
- Digitisations in Indian Financial Sector — AI4Bharat
- AI for Indian Roads — AI4Bharat
- Managing Solar Farms with AI — AI4Bharat
- Severity of Cardiovascular Epidemic in India — AI4Bharat
- Survey of Deep Learning for Indian Languages — AI4Bharat