Vaccines for Covid-19
- Vaccines - Billion dollar profits - "Real Solution"
- Importance of Covid-19 Vaccine - allow reopening of Economy
- Likelihood, Potentials
- Biotech Researchers and Trials in Progress
- Academic Researchers
- Mutation Problem
- Billions in Profit and Greed, Espionage, Geopolitical Strife
- Militaries being hampered by Covid-19
- Chinese Trials
- Indian Trials
- Foundations and Hidden Connections?
- Sanofi Pasteur, a vaccine maker in France
- Antibodies, Serums and Advanced Treatments of Covid-19
Vaccines - Billion dollar profits - "Real Solution"
Importance of Covid-19 Vaccine - allow reopening of Economy
The Covid-19 pandemic is a nightmare, as no one wants to wait four years for a vaccine, while millions die and economies remain paralyzed.
Many projects are being pursued by governments, pharmaceutical makers, biotech innovators and academic laboratories to tackle Covid-19.
Some of the leading contenders for a coronavirus vaccine are now promising to have the first batches ready in record time, by the start of next year. They have accelerated their schedules by collapsing the standard vaccine timeline.
- 254 therapies being explored. - 95 vaccines related to Covid-19 being explored.
- Seven or more have reached the stage of clinical trials.
- Moderna - Harvard spinoff
- Johnson & Johnson promising a billion doses of an as-yet-undeveloped vaccine by the end of next year.
- Sanofi (French) and GSK (uk) - expect to begin clinical trials late this year for a Covid-19 vaccine that it repurposed from work on a SARS vaccine. If successful, the vaccine could be ready by late 2021.
Biotech Researchers and Trials in Progress
- Inovio Pharma
- U of Oxford - AstraZeneca to manufacture tens of millions of doses by the end of this year.
- Imperial College
Billions in Profit and Greed, Espionage, Geopolitical Strife
Hiding, biowarfare R&D by China and even lawsuits over the origins of the virus.
While China has the most experience, allegations have poisoned most efforts at cooperation between US and China.
Bio-Espionage. The U.S. government is already warning that American innovations must be protected from theft — chiefly from Beijing as vaccines and treatments for the coronavirus are today’s holy grail.
Militaries being hampered by Covid-19
China was actively mocking US Navy as many multi-billion dollar US aircraft carriers were rendered impotent due to Covid-19 infections in ship crowded conditions.
CanSino, AMMS Trials
Wuhan Institute of Biological Products / Sinopharm
The Wuhan institute was involved in a 2018 scandal in which ineffective vaccines for diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough and other conditions were injected into hundreds of thousands of babies. The government confiscated the Wuhan institute’s “illegal income,” fined the company, and punished nine executives. But the company was allowed to continue to operate. It is now running a coronavirus vaccine project, and along with two other Chinese groups has been allowed to combine its safety and efficacy trials. -- NYTimes
Serum Institute of India - world’s largest producer of vaccine doses
The chief executive said that most of its vaccine “would have to go to our countrymen before it goes abroad.”
Foundations and Hidden Connections?
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Anita Zaidi, directs the vaccine development program.
Sanofi Pasteur, a vaccine maker in France
Antibodies, Serums and Advanced Treatments of Covid-19
The Journal of Infectious Diseases
Top vaccine developers and Researchers
- National School of Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Peter Hotez, dean
Dr. Stanley A. Plotkin and Dr. Arthur L. Caplan, a bioethicist at NYU Langone Medical Center