- YouTube - End User Content
- YT Stats
- Worth of youtube channels by subscribers
- YT Payment algorithms - Demonetizing vast majority of content producers
- YT use for Brands, Viral Videos?
- YT Key Factors
- Early YT Short Form, Funny, Viral Videos - Mostly shifted to TikTok now?
- Top channels by subscribers
- Individual Top Hits of All Time are Music Videos
- Kids Entertainment, Videos - Looped by Parents?
- Movie Trailers and Movies are highly Watched
- Music on YouTube is Key Recurring Habit - "Concentration" Focus, Study, Peace
- Culture and Crazy Stunts
- Preteens and Youth Top YT Channels - USA
- Health Top Top
- Other Noteworthy Top YT Channels - USA
- Top YT Channels - India
YouTube - End User Content
YouTube wasn’t even around yet.
USA YT Reach by Age
Worth of youtube channels by subscribers
The most popular YouTube partner channels consistently attract dozens of millions of viewers.
Business on YouTube is booming. Donaldson and the other highest-paid YouTubers secured an estimated $211 million in total earnings from June 1, 2019 to June 1, 2020, a 30% jump from the previous year.
In pandemic-induced downturn, YouTube has been a major draw for people stuck at home, sitting out lockdown boredom.
YT Payment algorithms - Demonetizing vast majority of content producers
- How to Earn Money on YouTube: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
- Kids Love These YouTube Channels. Who Creates Them Is a Mystery. - WSJ
- Understanding YouTube Demonetization and the Adpocalypse
- MrBeast: Life and Rise of 22-Year-Old YouTube Star Jimmy Donaldson
- Wikipedia Doesn’t Know What to Do With Almost-Famous People | by Eric Ravenscraft | OneZero
- Top 9 Millennial Personal Finance YouTube Channels (To Grow Your Money)
- YouTube Partner Program overview & eligibility - YouTube Help
- How to Make Money on YouTube, According to 3 People Who Do
- Can I use Wikipedia content for monetize YouTube videos? - Quora
- Sam Chui’s net worth: I tried to calculate it, and…now I feel poor. – SANspotter
YT use for Brands, Viral Videos?
YT Key Factors
In the fourth quarter of 2020, YouTube’s ad revenue amounted to nearly seven billion U.S. dollars. Through its Partner Program, YouTube also rewards uploaders of popular videos with a share of the advertising revenues the content generates. This, paired with the fact that many users of the video sharing platform tend to have favorite channels that they revisit regularly, has given rise to another phenomenon: YouTube celebrities. Although some of these well-known figures were discovered on the website but then carved a successful career outside of YouTube, for many others the site is their primary platform for delivering content and staying in contact with fans, all while signing lucrative deals or promotional partnerships.
GOOGLE affiliation means personalization and AD LIFT
With over 126 million unique monthly viewers, YouTube is by far the most popular online video property in the United States.
YT on Streaming Apps - FireStick, Roku etc.
YT on Mobile
The platform’s mobile presence is also significant, as YouTube consistently ranks as the most popular mobile app in the United States based on audience reach.
Early YT Short Form, Funny, Viral Videos - Mostly shifted to TikTok now?
YouTube was launched in 2005 as a platform for sharing user-generated videos such as vlogs, tutorials, or original series. The site grew rapidly and reportedly had 100 million video views per day and more than 65 thousand daily uploads only a year later.
As of May 2019, more than 500 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube every minute, up from a mere 24 hours of content uploads per minute in 2010. People & blogs followed by gaming were themost popular content categories for video uploads, accounting for approximately a third of total YouTube content each.
But now by 2020 it seems the mega billion+ hits has forced YT's shift in focus from funny, viral videos to professionally produced content.
Top channels by subscribers
As of May 2021 Top channels by subscribers
- Indian music network T-Series 183 m
- YT Movies 137m
- Cocomelon Nursery Rhymes 112m
- PewDiePie 110m
- SET India 105m
- Gaming 90m
- Kids Diana Show 80m
- WWE 78m
- Sports 75m
As of May 2021, one of the top ten most popular YouTube channels by number of subscribers were YouTubers primarily known for their work on the platform: PewDiePie. Due to the high number of subscribers and even higher number of views, this out-of-the-box stars not only have millions of fans, but also considerable earnings from their YouTube activities.
The ranking of the highest-earning YouTube celebrities include makeup artist Jeffree Star
Various gaming content YouTubers.
In June 2020, the highest annual earner among all YouTubers was Ryan Kaji from Ryan's World (formerly known as ToysReview), an eight-year-old who reviews and plays with toys.
Individual Top Hits of All Time are Music Videos
The majority of the most popular videos on YouTube are music videos.
Music fans are also highly engaged audiences and it is not uncommon for music videos to garner significant amounts of traffic within the first 24 hours of release.
- "Despacito" 7.2b by Luis Fonsi, sponsored by Vevo, Likes 45m, dislike 5m.
Made $100m+ - $25m+ from Youtube, but streaming services revenue from spotify, apple music, pandora,etc pay for 1000+ streams which typically makes more than youtube. but also YT helped promote his concerts, , etc? Despacito is a song by Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi featuring Puerto Rican rapper Daddy Yankee. On January 12, 2017, Universal Music Latin released "Despacito" and its music video, which shows both artists performing the song in La Perla neighborhood of Old San Juan, Puerto Rico and the local bar La Factoría.
Shape of You by Ed Sheeran 5.2b
See you again - Wiz Khalifa - 5b
Uptown Funk - by Mark Ronson - 4.1b
“Gangnam Style” 4b but longest (1,689 days or 4.6 years)
Kids Entertainment, Videos - Looped by Parents?
- "Baby Shark Dance" 7.9b viewsJune 17, 2016, Korean education brand Pinkfong
- Johny Johny Yes Papa by LooLoo Kids - 4.8b
- Masha and the Bear - Recipe for Disaster by Get Movies - 4.4b
- Learning Colors - Colorful Eggs on a Farm - Miroshka TV 3.7b
- Bath Song - Cocomelon - Nursery Rhymes - 3.64b
Movie Trailers and Movies are highly Watched
Other popular types of videos that generate lots of views after their first release are movie trailers, especially superhero movies related to the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). The first official trailer for the upcoming film “Avengers: Endgame” generated 289 million views within the first 24 hours of release, making it the most viral movie trailer.
Music on YouTube is Key Recurring Habit - "Concentration" Focus, Study, Peace
As of 2019, about half of the U.S. population accessed YouTube for music consumption on a weekly basis. Popular video content on YouTube
Music is one of the most popular types of content on YouTube and as of 2019, half of the U.S. population used YouTube to listen to music on a weekly basis.
Music videos frequently go viral and attract a large amount of attention upon release: it is not uncommon for popular releases to rack up 100 million video views within a week.
Top Music Brands
The top YouTube partner channel in the United States as of March 2019 was music label Universal Music Group (UMG), with over 50 million unique viewers.
Korean pop phenomenon BTS currently holds the record for the fastest viral video to reach 100 million YouTube streams. Their August 2020 release “Dynamite” only needed one day to accomplish the feat.
Culture and Crazy Stunts
Mr Beast, Jimmy Donaldson - YT Stunts
“The ideas are going to continue to get crazier, and he's going to continue to spend large amounts of money to up the production quality,” promises Reed Duchscher, Donaldson’s manager.
- 23m Sprint 2020 giving away massive amounts of money $200k to Covid job loss
Preteens and Youth Top YT Channels - USA
- 10m subs - Ramsey top had 88m views First We Feast - esp Hot Ones - Gordon Ramsey, Billie Ellish, Shaq, Kevin Hart, etc
Health Top Top
Other Noteworthy Top YT Channels - USA
Top YT Channels - India
- U.S. YouTube reach by age group 2020 | Statista
- The Highest-Paid YouTube Stars Of 2020
- How Much do YouTubers Make? - [A YouTuber's Earnings Calculator]
- The Top 20 Richest YouTubers Of 2021 - Common Cents Mom
- YouTube Revenue and Usage Statistics (2021) - Business of Apps
- How Much Do YouTubers Make (And How You Can Make It, Too)
- Even YouTube Stars With 1.4 Million Monthly Viewers Earn Less Than $17,000 a Year, Research Shows | Inc.com
- How Much do YouTubers Make in 2021? | Renderforest
- How Many Subscribers Do You Need to Make Money on YouTube?
- Nine-year-old earns €24m as the highest-paid YouTuber of 2020
- Ryan Kaji remains YouTube's highest-earner making $26 million in 2019
- • Top earning YouTube Stars 2020 | Statista
- How Much Money Do Youtubers Make in 2020? + Top Earners
- How Much Do YouTubers Make? Start Your Channel! | Clever Girl Finance
- 15 of the Biggest YouTube Channels in 2021